At The Briars, the quintessential Ontario Resort, discover a world of activities.
Indoors, you can splash in the solarium pool, relax in the whirlpool or sauna, work-out in the fitness room. Enjoy a quiet game of billiards, or curl up by the fire in one of the inn's secluded nooks.
The beauty of nature beckons you to come on out and enjoy a game of tennis or golf, snow shoeing or skating and Lake Simcoe - whether it's crystal blue or dramatic winter white. Year-round, marked trails guide you through a private nature reserve, along the shore or through the gardens.
The Briars Saturday evening dinner-dances are one of Ontario's most enduring cottage country traditions, and continue into the fall months.
The following facilities are offered daily, year-round, based on schedule and weather.
They are included in your overnight guest package unless noted with ($):
- indoor solarium pool, whirlpool and sauna
- fitness room with free weights, bike, weight machine, elliptical trainer, treadmill
- games room with ping pong, billiards, foosball, table shuffleboard, etc.
- living rooms with fireplaces
- walking trails
- Saturday Evening Dancing
- Spa with extensive treatment menu ($)
"Water Sports" Season
From Victoria Weekend, May 18, to September 15 depending on weather, water conditions and schedule.
The facilities are included in overnight guest packages:
- Pedal boats
- Relaxation areas with use of towels, chairs and chaises
- dock and swimming area
- small sandy play area for kids
"Land Sports" Season
April 15 to October 30 depending on weather and schedule. The facilities are included in overnight guest packages unless noted with ($):
- 4 outdoor courts (2 night-lit) for tennis, basketball, ball hockey
- use of tennis rackets, basketball, volleyball, ball hockey equipment
- beach volleyball court
- croquet court and equipment
- ladder golf game
- badminton equipment and net
- mountain bikes free rentals
- horseshoe pit, croquet court and bocce
- The Inn's outdoor pool ( May 24 to September 15)
- Cottage Area outdoor pool (Canada to Labour Day)
- 18 Hole Championship Golf - approximately May 1 to Oct 31 ($)
- Lady Simcoe cruise
- Kayak expedition
- Historical Tour
- Garden Tour
- Country Walk
- Cooking demonstrations
- Sketching Class
- Nightly entertainment
- Tubing behind boat ($)
- Self-guided expeditions to nearby sites like museums, mini putt ($), paintball ($) are avilable.
Spring and Fall Weekend Programs are offered from March 25 to June 30 and September 9 to October 31, based on weather and schedule. Please check your package and current programs for details. They are included in overnight guest packages unless noted with ($):
- Guided Country Walk
- History Tour
- Dinner Dance
- Lady Simcoe cruise (generally about May 24 to June 30. September 9 to 20)
From December 22 to March 10, based on conditions and weather.
The facilities are included in overnight guest packages unless noted with ($):
- groomed and track set cross-country ski trails
- hiking trails
- snowshoeing ($)
- skating (pond or Lake Simcoe)
- tobogganing on the mount
- cross country ski equipment ($)
- Ice Fishing - local operators approximately January 20 to March 15 ($)
- Opening 2012 local Tubing, Tobogganing, skating at Georgina ROC ($)
From December 22 to March 10 a complete program of Winter Activities is offered weekends and holidays, based on weather, schedule and availability. Please check your package and current programs for what's on during your stay. The activities are included in overnight guest packages unless noted with ($):
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides with hot chocolate
- guided country walk, often ending with hot mulled wine and hot chocolate by the bonfire
- guided Nordic poling walk
- guided indoor and outdoor historical tour
- yoga class
- sketching class
- Ball Hockey and Broomball
- cooking demonstrations
*Activities are based on schedule, weather and availability and subject to change without notice. There are no credits for activities missed due to weather or any other circumstance.