In the summertime, it is a pleasant 75-minute drive going north from Mississauga on Highway 407/Highway 404. In winter, it is an equally scenic trip, taking just a little longer.
Using toll route: Hwy. 407 ETR* east to Hwy. 404 North.
No toll route: follow QEW east to Hwy. 403 East, to Hwy. 401 east, to Hwy. 404 north.
- Take Hwy. 404 north to its end on Woodbine, just south of Keswick.
- Turn left (north) 850m to the first road, Ravenshoe Rd.
- Turn right (east) on Ravenshoe Rd and drive 8.6 km to Markham Rd (Hwy 48).
- Turn left and travel north 8.8 km to Sutton.
- Turn left onto High St. (north) and travel 1.2 km to Dalton Rd.
- Turn right and follow Dalton Rd. 2.1 km to Jackson's Point.
- At the second stop sign, Lake Drive, turn right.
- At the stop sign, Hedge Rd., turn right.
- Drive 200m to The Briars gates.
* ETR - Express Toll Route - No stopping and no coins required. Your license plate is recorded on entry to the highway and you receive an invoice in the mail; all charges are in Canadian funds.
From Pearson International YYZ:
In the summertime, it is a pleasant 75-minute drive from the airport using major highways. In winter, it is an equally scenic trip that may take a little longer with good roads.
As you leave the airport, follow the signs to Highway 407 ETR east. Follow the instructions given above for Mississauga.