The Briars Resort Job Opportunities
If you have decided hospitality is your career, consider joining The Briars and enjoy all the opportunities offered by an independent resort, spa, and conference centre. Graduates and students on work terms have the chance for exposure to several departments, developing a greater depth of knowledge and understanding. Our students are not limited to one department, and have the chance to see how the pieces come together to make the resort work.
Our staff tell us that working in a family-owned resort provides them with a nice homey feeling and relationships that last a lifetime.
Employment at The Briars includes:
- Summer: tennis, championship golf (at a discounted rate), pool, beach, lake swimming, quiet boats, and much more.
- Winter: cross-country skiing, skating, snowshoeing, winter fun golf, fitness room.
Wages vary according to responsibility and experience.
Training and management is by professional year-round staff.
Six months or longer and year-round contracts available in most positions; four-month contracts available for summer students.
Applying for employment:
If you are interested in becoming a member of The Briars staff, please submit your cover letter, resume, and application form to [email protected]
If you live nearby, you may drop in and pick up an application form from the Front Desk. Submit the completed application form with your résumé and cover letter.
Please indicate in your application if you require accommodations, which are available on a limited basis.
Current Employment Opportunities
We are currently accepting applications/resumes for the following positions:
Part-time (PT) and Full-time (FT) Year Round:
- Dining Room Supervisor (FT) - Supervise a service-oriented team serving a variety of guests in several dining settings. Experience working in the hospitality industry with a degree or diploma in a related program. Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Dining Room Servers (FT / PT) - Work as part of a friendly team serving a variety of guests in several dining settings. Must be available days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Resort Services Porter (FT / PT) - Work as a part of a guest-oriented team preparing meeting rooms, hospitality rooms and catering functions; handle audio-visual setups and the timely delivery of coffee breaks. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 30lbs, excellent communication and intrapersonal skills. Able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Registered Massage Therapist (PT / FT) - Work as part of a wellness-oriented team performing several types of massages for our guests. Must be able to work weekdays weekends including statutory holidays.
- Certified Esthetician (PT / FT) - Work as part of a wellness-oriented team performing manicures, pedicures, facials, and waxing. Must be able to work weekdays and weekends including statutory holidays.
- Summer Recreation/ Maintenance - Look after guests at the waterfront, sets up guests with canoes, kayaks and other water activities while following guidelines to keep everyone safe. Provide some recreation programming for guests. Must be able to work weekdays and weekends including statutory holidays.
Please forward resumes to Human Resources.
*Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected], or fax 905-722-9698. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All positions require a police background check. Limited live in accommodations available.
We are looking for babysitters to work on an on-call basis. Must be at least 15 years and have taken the babysitter course or Standard First Aid. Send resume to [email protected]