THE BRIARS RESORT & SPA COVID-19 MESSAGE
Peace and Tranquility Awaits!
We’ve moved into a new season, with a slight change in the air, some leaves are already changing. We hope that you will join us this fall to enjoy the season at our relaxing oasis on Lake Simcoe. We look the same but have altered some of our normal practices and experiences to coincide with Public Health regulations and recommendations for the comfort and safety of our guests and staff. The grounds and gardens to stroll, the trails to walk, all served up with some fresh air and our heritage hospitality, remain a serene and peaceful backdrop for your stay.
COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURE: The use of masks or face coverings (non-medical masks such as cloth masks) is mandatory in public areas. In the dining area, diners and staff who are in direct contact with diners (within 2 metres) are required to put on a mask, except when seated and eating or drinking.
Please note: Due to the increased number of COVID-19 cases in Ontario, The Briars has enhanced our COVID-19 health and safety procedures to protect our guests and employees from the risk of COVID-19. Therefore, starting Monday September 28th the Briars will start screening guests and employees before they enter the premises. The screening will consist of answering screening questions and taking your temperature. There will be a screener as you come in the main entrance who will take your temperature and ask you the Covid-19 screening questions. Anyone with a temperature of 37.5 C or higher will not be allowed to enter.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY: Reservation can be cancelled or rescheduled without penalty up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.As restrictions change, we continue to expand on services and amenities. The facilities and activities we offer are based on provincial guidelines and may be subject to change.
CHANGES AND ADJUSTMENTS
CLEANING AND PREVENTION
• All staff, guests and visitors are required to practice social distancing, hand washing or use of sanitizer, and seek medical attention and self-isolate if experiencing covid-19 symptoms.
• All staff will wear masks.
• Placement of hand sanitizer dispensers in all high traffic areas.
• Frequency of sanitization of high touch spots in public areas with increased regularity
• Social distancing, and hand washing reminder signs will be posted in key areas
• Keys will be sanitized, and debit terminal sanitized between uses.
• No stayover housekeeping service (i.e. no daily towel refresh, bed making)
• Unnecessary decorative linens, guidebooks, brochures have been removed from rooms.
• Acrylic shields at front desk, and other key guest service areas.
• All guest information will be one time use recyclable paper.
• Disinfecting of frequently touched areas in rooms; door handles, light switches, faucets, taps, coffee machines, thermostats, remotes, soap dispensers, dresser drawers, etc.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE EXPERIENCE
Our kitchen team under Chef Ledlie continue to work hard adapting to the situation and have created a wonderful all-day menu with excellent choices prepared to order. Our region has temporarily moved back to Stage 2, with no indoor dining. All food service will be delivered to rooms or take-out. Front Desk has menu copies. Delivery and take-out will be served in take-out containers with plastic cutlery.
Breakfast Please have orders at the front desk by 8 pm the night before. Delivery between 8 and 9:30 am daily.
Dinner Please have orders in by 5 pm. We will be delivering between 5 and 7 pm. We have a selection of beverages available to add to your meal if you wish.
Snacks, Drinks in between Can be arranged for delivery or take-out via the front desk between Noon and 7pm daily.
• One time use and online menus
• Payment via credit card, debit, or room charge only
• All day menu
Many of our usual recreation facilities and activities may need to be adapted to our current times. Possibly phased in or even remain closed for the summer season. The tranquility of our heritage property remains, with serene walks in nature and a breath of fresh air always available.
• Recreational equipment available will be sanitized as noted, with self sanitizing options
• Face masks will be worn by all staff
• Reduced capacity and staggered hours may be in place
ACTIVITITIES WE HAVE AVAILABLE
• Non – motorized boating – Kayaks and Canoes for a fall paddle
• Tennis Courts & equipment (self sanitizing station), (tennis balls by purchase)
• Basketball, Lawn Sports, Badminton, Volleyball
• Waterfront chairs and lounges – will be placed for social distancing
• Bikes - self sanitized – supply own bike helmets and locks
• Outdoor Pool open daily 9am-5pm
• Programmed events, Yoga, walks etc.– see program
ACTIVITIES NOT AVAILABLE TILL FURTHER NOTICE
• Indoor Pool, Hot Tub and Change Rooms
• Boat Cruise – The Lady Simcoe is going away for the season
• Some programmed event and activities
• Games room area and Fitness room - limited reserved bookings available
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING?
• Personal supplies of hand sanitizer or wipes
• Your own face masks and other PPE you are using them
• Personal life jackets
• Personal bike helmets
• Board games (we will not be lending any out as they can not be effectively sanitized.)