Spa Covid-19 Message Update
Welcome back to the Briars Spa
We are so excited to be able to welcome you back to The Briars Spa.
This will be a gradual reopening, so we will only be offering limited massage therapy, both RMT and non RMT, as well as manicure and pedicure services and retail sales. We are working on a modified schedule with fewer treatments per shift to allow for social distancing within the spa.
Please be patient as we navigate the new schedules and become accustomed to the new procedures.
Online booking will remain closed for the time being.
The Briars Spa and The Briars Resort have implemented safety standards and protocols through the guidance of the College of Massage Therapy (CMTO) and Ontario’s Ministry of Health.
These are the measures that have been put in place:
Screening before your treatment and a temperature check when you arrive to ensure that there are no COVID 19 symptoms.
Both the staff and the client are asked to wear a mask while in the resort and during the treatment.
Being honest with these questions will protect us all.
If you develop any symptoms prior to arriving, please arrange to reschedule and the cancellation fee will be waived.
Fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat/painful swallowing, loss of sense of smell,
excessive fatigue, stuffy, runny nose, headaches or muscle aches not related to the injury that presents like flu-like symptoms.
If any of these symptoms are present, the client cannot be treated.
- Both the staff and the client are asked to wear a mask.
- We ask you to arrive alone and only 10 minutes prior to your treatment.
- Hand hygiene is required upon entering the Spa and when leaving.
- Increased disinfection protocols have been put in place to ensure that all high touch surfaces, tables, light switches, door handles, floors are all wiped and cleaned.
- Clients are not permitted to lounge in the area before or after the treatment
- Tea, water and magazines have all been removed from the clinic reception space. You may ask your therapist for a glass of water.
Your health and safety remain our top priority and the staff are looking forward to your return.
Stay safe and be well!
A luxury spa getaway on Lake Simcoe
The Briars Spa offers a tranquil retreat cradled within our charming heritage resort on the shores of Lake Simcoe. We have something for everyone needing a blissful break from the world, including:
- Spa getaways for our overnight guest
- Monthly Specials so you can choose your favourite treat and enjoy it often.
- The Briars Spa Loyalty Membership for our regular guests who visit us often (or would like to start coming more often!)
Explore our spa menu for pricing on all the services to suit your senses, or find just the right treatment to compliment an overnight stay or weekend spa getaway.
About The Briars Spa
Our spa is a perfect place to embrace the stillness of your body, mind and spirit with our complete spa facilities:
- 2 Facial Rooms
- 1 Treatment Room
- 4 Massage Rooms
- 3 Pedicure Stations
- 2 Manicure Stations
- Hydrotherapy (solarium indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, and sauna)
- Lounge Bar at Drinkwater’s Lounge
For pricing information and a detailed list of services, please click the link to our spa brochure!