Winter Activities & Getaways
Book your stay at The Briars to enjoy a one-of-a-kind Ontario winter getaway! Our Inn is close to fantastic cross country skiing, hiking, and snowshoe trails, and features cozy fireplaces and a number of indoor recreational activities perfect for your next winter retreat. Our family-friendly resort is home to a renowned food program meaning guests can enjoy high quality dining after spending an exciting day on the slopes.
Winter Outdoor Facilities
From Dec - Mar based on conditions and weather the following are included unless noted with ($)
- Groomed, track set cross-country ski trails (equipment is free midweek and Sat mornings. Otherwise extra $)
- Hiking and snowshoeing trails (midweek equipment is included, extra $ weekends)
- Toboggans for use on 'The Mount'
- Ice fishing - local operators from approximately Jan 20 - Mar 15 ($)
- Outdoor skating and tobogganing at the ROC, a 7 minute drive (bring your own skates, you can borrow our toboggans)
- Tubing and snowboarding at Georgina ROC ($)
- Outdoor events right here at The Briars!